Can I just say it is nice to see the sun for a day or so! Gheezz I felt like I was back in Ireland the rain just would not stop! All kinds of things going on lately. I have been spending a lot of time on my own for two reasons. A. I'm broke and can't afford to go out. and B. I have been doing a little house keeping in the head. :-) Yeah, been doing a lot of thinking. Good things though, well they don't always start as good things. Sometimes they start with sad thoughts but then good things come out of it. I am starting to come to peace with a lot of things. It's a good feeling actually. I thank god everyday that I have such amazing friends and family around me. I wonder sometimes how I would have made it through my hard times without them.
Things are going a little slower with the kids than anticipated. But we are getting there. I had Ludo fixed Saturday so we are hoping that is gonna help calm his little fuzzbutt down and help with the bonding process. They are so cute they make me laugh. Mindy is doing well. I think here little chewing bought is over thank god! She was chewing on her food bowls like crazy. I thought at first she may have been mad about the kids but at the same time she just goes through stages where she is very bad for a while then fine. Who knows, she would appear to be ok now though.
I had my annual review at work and it went better than I had hoped. I was not anticipating a raise since I got a promotion in August with a pretty big raise. But I still got a nice little raise which will hopefully help with reason A. Fortunately the areas I am weak in are not really my fault. They are things that I have just not been exposed to, but we are going to work on getting me acclimated to them. I have been super busy at work which is good. Work has been another big thing on my mind but in a good way. I know how lucky I am to be in a awesome job. I also know that if I keep my nose clean I can really go places with this. So I have decided to focus really hard on this job and give it 110%. I am even looking at taking some classes to brush up on a few things.
So all in all I am slowly getting myself sorted out. Something I know I need to do before I will be able to open myself up again to the thought of another. I need to let go of the hate and hurt first. And I think I am on the road to that goal.
Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment