Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Domestic Diva

Since few things are stable in my life at the moment, I am really trying to focus on this healthy eating. If I have at least one thing to really focus on it seems to help keep my mind off of other things. I went shopping last night and got tons of healthy yummy food. Problem is I got home and went to put it in my freezer and there was too much wool in the freezer! LOL Why you ask? Well for the non-knitters it is the one place you can store the good wool and know it is safe from moths and other fiber loving critters. I have some nice wool I picked up in Ireland and I did not want to take any chances.

So now I am faced with the dilemma of where to put the wool! I do have a small and I mean small cedar chest which was donated to my cause by my friend and manager at the local cigar shop. But it is due time I get a nice sized cedar chest to store a few linens and all the GOOD wool. So I have found a lovely little chest on craigslist and will hopefully with the help of my loving daddy be picking up tomorrow! Along with a spinning wheel that I purchased from my friend Ashley.

Also in my domestic diva frame of mind, I made a little stop at Home Depot. I had a lot of success with growing herbs a little while ago but as I was not cooking they kind of went by the wayside. So I picked up a little bag of potting soil and some herb seeds to get that going again. I really do love my plants. It makes me feel good for some reason. Guess it is that need in me to be taking care of something. All of the plants that my mom gave me when I moved in are actually doing VERY well. So hopefully in due time I will have some nice fresh herbs to use and dry. I also picked up lavender which dried is also great for keeping out the moths :-)!

Pictures of all of the above to follow soon!

No comments:

A penny for your thoughts...

Comments are welcome and encouraged. You do not have to be a blogger member. Just know they must first pass my approval!