Wednesday, March 18, 2009

New York and other news...

So New York was a lot of fun. I was able to meet up with my friend Peter who was visiting from Ireland and got to see a lot of things on my check list. I went to Tiffany's, Central Park, Time square by day and night, saw Chicago on Broadway, went to the Pogues concert, FAO Swatrz, Rockefeller Center, and the Lionbrand Wool Studio. I stayed at a great little hostel that was close to everything. It was awesome. Great city on the weekends but all the crabby workers come out of their shells on Monday ugh. But all in all great time I'm gonna try and do it again at some point.


Tiffany's in all her glory. No one told me it was 6 floors! And yes Stacy did take a little blue bag home ;-)
Me and time square at night.
Hanging out the Hibernia pub. I know what you are thinking and no. Still drink free, yes I spent the weekend in NY and still managed to not drink a drop and have a blast!
Me and time square again
My friend Peter and I
The Pogues!!! Awesome time!
My hostel dorm. I got top bunk :-)
Time square by day
I managed to get a bit of knitting done on the bus.
And it all stated at Cosi in Arlington with a very sleepy Stacy.
In other news...
I got amazing news Monday. My orthodontist called and we went from 6 teeth to be pulled down to just the two wisdom teeth! I am so excited about that. What truly makes this good news is that all of the prep work needing done is on the bottom. The wisdom are on the bottom and the tooth needing the root canal is as well. Which means I have nothing I am waiting for to start the top ones! So next week I am getting the spacers on the top then the braces the following week! And so it begins....
I am really excited about all of this. Every picture I look at of me all I see are those horrible eye teeth sticking out. Everyone has something they hate about their image, for me it's my bad skin bags under the eyes and those teeth. I have been working very hard to get my skin under control so that is one thing off the list. And now I am working toward a beautiful smile :-). As for the eyes I think I'm stuck with them I would never go under the knife to get that fixed. Oh well...2 out of 3 ain't bad right?

No comments:

A penny for your thoughts...

Comments are welcome and encouraged. You do not have to be a blogger member. Just know they must first pass my approval!