Monday, March 30, 2009

Weekend in review....

My weekend was ok. I had told Ashley she could use my apartment for the weekend as she had friends coming in from out of town for her birthday. So I headed p to mom and dad’s for the weekend. Things were great until my computer decided to go blue screen of death Friday night! Ugh! Just what I need. I am about to fork out a ton of money on these braces and the computer decides it wants to have a fit. So dad worked on that all weekend for me and still has it. Fortunately I have my new spinning wheel to keep me company otherwise I would probably go crazy not having my computer this week. Hopefully we can fix the issue and I will not have to get a new one.

Saturday I danced the Moroccan dinner that I do every year. This is the fourth year I have danced this party and I also danced the hosts birthday. They are a fun group. I love hearing that my craft is improving every year. I have to say it felt good, I do miss dancing. But I am very well aware that with the braces coming on I will probably not be able to get any gigs for a while. Which is fine, it gives me time to practice and work on getting even better. I am going to start taking a class with a friend of mine in the area. Just to have something keeping me moving and dancing. It is on a Monday night too which is nice. Wafaa in my office is going to take it with me so it should be fun.

Friday night I had dinner with mom, dad, TJ and his friend Jo. As we were talking I was telling them about my new wheel and how much I am enjoying spinning. Jo does volunteer work at both the Baltimore Zoo and a rehab facility. It just so happens they have sheep and alpacas at the rehab facility. Apparently last year they had a hard time finding anyone who wanted the wool!? Guess what?! I told her I will take it ALL! So hopefully I will be getting some nice FREE wool in the near future. I am really excited about that.

Uhhh this weekend was a bit hard on other fronts. I’m back to hating seeing couples, specifically hold hands. And for some reason Baltimore contains a large amount of heavily tattooed people(???). Which of course led me to think of Dale, which leads to all sorts of feelings. This has really hurt. I just can’t understand how someone can go from being so in love with you to turning it totally off. I mean all day long messages “I miss you, I love you, Are you my girl?, When asked can I keep him getting a yes.” I just don’t understand. It just leads me to think I need to question anytime anyone tells me they love me and miss me. Was it all a lie? How will I know when it is for real? How do you just turn those feelings off? I mean in truth there is a part of me that still loves Paul and Steve. These are two people that I shared a lot of memories with. They will always have a special place in my heart despite how they ended. So I can’t understand how someone who seemed so genuinely in love with me could just turn those feelings off like a light. Sighhh……

No comments:

A penny for your thoughts...

Comments are welcome and encouraged. You do not have to be a blogger member. Just know they must first pass my approval!