Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Sonnet 26

When I got my new iTouch I went nuts downloading all the free applications. One of the applications was the complete works of William Shakespeare. Can you believe that? Free! It is actually very sad. I have enjoyed reading random sonnets here and there. I found Sonnet 26 awhile back and it seemed to have been written for me. I pretty much reflects what is going on in my mind at the moment. I thought I would share it with you.

Lord of my love, to whom in vassalage
Thy merit hath my duty strongly knit,
To thee I send this written ambassage,
To witness duty, not to show my wit.
Duty so great, which wit so poor as mine
May make seem bare, in wanting words to show it,
But that I hope some good conceite of thine
In thy soul's thought, all naked, will bestow it;
Till whatsoever star that guides my moving
Points on me worthy of thy sweet respect.
Then may I dare to boast how I do love thee;
Till then, not show my head where thoust mayst prove me

William Shakespeare Sonnet 26

No comments:

A penny for your thoughts...

Comments are welcome and encouraged. You do not have to be a blogger member. Just know they must first pass my approval!