Monday, June 19, 2006

Monday May 22nd, I'm so nervous it's finally here...


After a 8 hour flight with a screaming baby and a change over in Germany. My plane has landed. OPEN THE DAMN DOORS. I couldn't get off that plane fast enough. My heart is pounding! I'm nervous, excited, sick at this point and scared. My original plan was to hide like he does to me and watch for him to look for me. That wasn't happening, first of all he is right inside the gate there was no where for me to go. And truth is...I couldn't wait another second. He looked so good. I am so lucky to have him in my life. I gave him a hug that lasted forever. Already I was crying. I didn't want to let go already. I get a big welcome to France. Did I already say how good he looks. I mean he has always been incredibly hansom to me but something is different. I see happiness in his eyes.

We get on a bus to head into town. I told him about my horrible flight and the screaming baby he had cursed on me. It felt so good to be back in his arms. We head to the little hotel he had got. He was so worried about whether I would like it because it wasn't much. I could have cared less at that point I had my Paul that was all I needed. He went back to the hostel to get his bag while I freshened up. Once back we did some catching up...52 days worth of catching up ;-) First things I notice in France I love the buildings. The windows all have shutters and it's very comfortable. I'm liking it already. We headed into town to get a bite to eat. There are sidewalk cafes everywhere its hard to pick just one. We finally decide on one and I sit down for my first meal in France.

I had a pesto pasta and Paul got a carbonara that came out with a raw egg in a dish?...What am I supposed to do with the egg? Oh well here goes he dumps the egg in and mixes it in. Oh let me tell you! HEAVEN! I was jealous I wanted his meal. He was nice enough to share as I shared mine as well. After that we have a wander about town. We went down to the water and made our way into the old part of town The whole time his hand in mine. I miss that...I feel so safe and secure with him. We head into a little Irish pub for a pint. I have been dyeing for a pint of Guinness. Paul pass' on the Guinness and gets a 1664 Blanc. He had tried it a few days ago and taken a liking to it. I jealous again I like his beer! We had a pint or two there catchin up a little more and head out. I wanted to go to the beach. It's getting late but we grab the beachmats find a liquor store and get a cheap bottle of two Euro wine and head to the beach. We sat there looking out at the water and talked about everything. I am so excited to be here.

Coming over I was worried things might have changed. I kept telling myself I would know within minutes if something had changed. I can tell you I already know. Nothing has changed we still have the same feelings for each other that we had when he left. I can't explain it...it's just a feeling in your heart. I knew this trip was going to be wonderful. The hardest part is going to be to not think about leaving till that time comes. Just enjoy the time I have with him. We will cross that bridge when the time comes. Day 1 one wonderful. I'm loving it already!

No comments:

A penny for your thoughts...

Comments are welcome and encouraged. You do not have to be a blogger member. Just know they must first pass my approval!