One last cafe in LyonUnfortunately it's time to move on. I LOVE THIS CITY! This is it, this is where I feel at home. Paul was nice enough to get up and go to the train station to get our tickets to Avignon. We packed our bags and dropped them at the desk to head into town one last time. After a stop at the bakery for breakfast, we find a cafe where I can sit Paul down so I can finally do my shopping. We have a coffee and off I go! So many shops so little time!
I didn't get far...only about four shops up actually. I went into this shop that had great Asian looking clothes made in Indian bought in France. How do you like that! After some improve trying to ask for a dressing room and about 110. Euro later I came out with a great little jacket, a pair of pants, funky skirt and a Asian style top to go with my paints. I walked around a bit longer but nothing screamed buy me and I thought I had done enough damage. I go back to collect my handsome man and we pick up our bags and head for the train station. Something is missing...MY JACKET! I had put it on the back of the chair downtown behind Paul and didn't collect it when I collected him! CRAP! God bless him, he went back and got it for me. Off to Avignon! So long Lyon, I WILL be back!
We arrived in Avignon and headed into town to try and get a hotel. As luck would have it we stumble on this little side street with a hotel. We head inside into a colorful room that smelled divine! There were only I think 12 rooms if that and each room had a theme. I was eyeing up Morocco but we ended up with Africa. Nice little room. The curtains where in a giraffe print with great wooden masks on the walls. The bathroom was tiled pink with a showercurtain covered in pink flamingos. As always the windows came open immediately. I love those windows I could sit and look out them all day even if there is no view. Once settled we decide to head into town.
Having been here before Paul took me to the main highlights of the city first just to get a look around and maybe see what me may want to do tomorrow. There is a pottery market going on in the main square. Paul said this town was famous for its pottery. I could see why. Hungry? Yesss. It was time for me to have my first kebob. Oh was it lush (a Paul word)! Yeah I could get used to those! What weight I had lost before coming to France all came back in one meal. We headed into some back streets in search of a area the lady at the hotel told us about. We found it. A little street with a canal running alongside of it with little cafe's and paddle wheels. Nice little area. We end up at a Tapas place originally looking to do the French thing for a change it ended up being an evening in Spain. With a bottle of Sangria and great tapas! Not bad for our first day in Avignon. Tomorrow we will do the full tourist route. I want to get in that palace. Back to Africa I mean the hotel!
I didn't get far...only about four shops up actually. I went into this shop that had great Asian looking clothes made in Indian bought in France. How do you like that! After some improve trying to ask for a dressing room and about 110. Euro later I came out with a great little jacket, a pair of pants, funky skirt and a Asian style top to go with my paints. I walked around a bit longer but nothing screamed buy me and I thought I had done enough damage. I go back to collect my handsome man and we pick up our bags and head for the train station. Something is missing...MY JACKET! I had put it on the back of the chair downtown behind Paul and didn't collect it when I collected him! CRAP! God bless him, he went back and got it for me. Off to Avignon! So long Lyon, I WILL be back!
We arrived in Avignon and headed into town to try and get a hotel. As luck would have it we stumble on this little side street with a hotel. We head inside into a colorful room that smelled divine! There were only I think 12 rooms if that and each room had a theme. I was eyeing up Morocco but we ended up with Africa. Nice little room. The curtains where in a giraffe print with great wooden masks on the walls. The bathroom was tiled pink with a showercurtain covered in pink flamingos. As always the windows came open immediately. I love those windows I could sit and look out them all day even if there is no view. Once settled we decide to head into town.
Having been here before Paul took me to the main highlights of the city first just to get a look around and maybe see what me may want to do tomorrow. There is a pottery market going on in the main square. Paul said this town was famous for its pottery. I could see why. Hungry? Yesss. It was time for me to have my first kebob. Oh was it lush (a Paul word)! Yeah I could get used to those! What weight I had lost before coming to France all came back in one meal. We headed into some back streets in search of a area the lady at the hotel told us about. We found it. A little street with a canal running alongside of it with little cafe's and paddle wheels. Nice little area. We end up at a Tapas place originally looking to do the French thing for a change it ended up being an evening in Spain. With a bottle of Sangria and great tapas! Not bad for our first day in Avignon. Tomorrow we will do the full tourist route. I want to get in that palace. Back to Africa I mean the hotel!
No comments:
Post a Comment