
My first full day in France I'm so excited. More than anything I'm just excited to have my love back at my side. Today it's time to head to Cannes. I wanted to take a boat ride and there is a faery in Cannes that takes you out to a island with a fort. Sounds like a plan. We were hoping to beach it today so we put on the swim trunks and head for the train station. EVERYONE is going to Cannes! With the film festival on it IS the place to be. We get our tickets and off we go! I'm so excited at this point, my first big city in France AGGGHHH!
Once there Paul took me on a little tour. He showed me the Apartment he used to live in across the street from the Pizza place he has told me so much about. We walk past a old hang out of his and past the place he used to work and then he takes me to Monoprix where we are going to go shopping for a picnic. We get some fine French bread, ham, Brie cheese, prawn crackers, oh borsin pepper cheese, water and some fruit juice. Good? Yes off we go! We head to the dock where the faery leaves and buy our tickets. It's going to be a while so we head over to the to shore line to get a nice view. I tried so hard to take everything in. These are all the wonderful things he had told me about and they truly are wonderful.
We head to our little ferry and head across the water to the island. Once there the wind was kickin like crazy! We wanted to picnic on the beach but couldn't find beach without 30 mile winds. We ended up finding the remnants of a roman tower overlooking the water perfect spot for our little picnic. Best meal I have had in ages! So simple and yet sooooo good! We watched a bunch of kids trying to sail these little sail boats. When none of them were falling off or bumping into one another we lost interest! Next we headed up to Fort Royal. It is here where the man in the Iron mask was held. Pretty neat going into the cells and stuff. I got news for you those cells were bigger than my current bedroom! Not to shabby. We finally head out on the last boat leaving the island to head back into town. My cold is killing me at this point. We head to the Quays were Paul used to work for a pint and a hot whiskey for me.
Here is where I made a BIG mistake. We started talking about the relationship and without going into detail I ended up sitting there crying at the bar for an hour. Which of coarse didn't make Paul feel good. He was singing Wonderwall to me...I will never forget that. "I said maybe, your gonna be the one that saves me. And after all, your my wonderwall" Funny, I think that song kind of describes us. I tried to cheer up and move on but was still very much hurt. I had already done the damage at this point. But I wanted to go up and see the church and Paul wanted to see the sunset. I ruined it. I honestly did ruin it. That sunset meant so much to him. It meant so much to him for me to see it. To see the sun go down behind the mountain and all the little lights come on going up it to the little villa's. That was special to him and now I'm kicking myself for messing it up. Not a good start to our holiday. I said I wasn't going to bring up the relationship till the last night and I blew it...Nice job Stacy.
No comments:
Post a Comment