
After a exciting night with the scorpion and admittedly a slightly rough start yesterday, its time to explore Carcassonne at length! We started off the morning with breakfast, well lunch by this time at a great little cafe in the city. We decided to do some of the museums and attractions. We first did a tour of one of the cites castles. At 6.50 euro it wasn't really all that spectacular. A lot of information on the restoration of the city and a short film showing some of the movies filmed at Carcassonne including "Robin Hood Prince of thieves". I then wanted to go to the Musee de la Chevalerie. Not knowing what we were in for we paid 5.00 euro a piece and went in!
The museum ended up being a guided tour completely in French. We didn't understand 9/10s of what the guy was saying but he was so animated and obviously loved his job. We got a kick out of it! That is where I became princess and my knight...well I had a knight :-) Just to watch this crazy character made the money worth it! While wondering about town we took a peak at the Cathedral as well. Finally it was time for Stacy to shop! Which means time to drop Paul at the pub. I dropped him off with some money for beer and off I went! I found French soap, some lovely lavender sachets, a Carcassonne patch, some French poster notecards and some fabric to make myself a skirt. It was getting a bit late and chilly and it was time for dinner.
We went back to the hotel to get jackets and decided to head into town instead of going to the wall city to look for a bite to eat. It seemed as though the whole city rolls up the sidewalks early and goes home. On the hunt for pasta we managed to find a little Italian restaurant and figured mind as well nothing else seems open. Over a fabulous diner we had fun conversation. About Colins porn, Pauls college days and some other good laughs. All in all it was a Nice last meal to have in the Fabulous city of Carcassonne.
Back to the hotel Paul continues to read me more entries from the journal. I have been getting a good laugh out of hearing about his adventures. Suddenly...the lights go out! We start flicking switches, nothing. However; the lights in the hallway are on. "Your turn!", he tells me. Down to the front desk I go. Guess who is working? Our scorpion killer from the night before. "Another one?" (obviously he remembers me, can't imagine why). No, no I tell him our lights went out and he comes upstairs goes into a magic closet and the lights come back! Yeah!
Our lesson learned in Carcassonne: Stick with the one and two star hotels!
Tomorrow we head back to Nice for my last few days in France :-(
No comments:
Post a Comment