Saturday, June 10, 2006

Thursday June 1st, One last day in France

The beach in Nice

It was unfortunately time to take care of some business. We headed to a laundry mat to get Pauls laundry done before he moves on to Italy. While that's in the works we head around the corner to a internet cafe to get all our pictures sorted out. Still can't get used to these keyboards in France. After giving Paul a hard time about the contents of his picture folder we head back to get the Laundry. Still not done we head to the shop for me to pick up some last minute things. I had been trying to get him to dump the backpack and get something on wheels because his back was wrecked. I bought him a nice big duffel bag on wheels and I picked up some last minute gifts.

Our original plan today was to head to Cannes and get on the beach now that the film festival is over. Trains aren't running there till later which wouldn't give much beach time. So we head out for a proper petit dejeuner (breakfast) and decided to just do the beach in Nice. From there we were on a mission...sandy beach. Paul's toes are to gentle for these rocky beaches. We head to the waterfront and walk along the water looking for sand. We walked, and walked and walked. Times up! No sand in site we pick a little spot and land. Paul went for a little swim and I got my feet wet. We both lied down to try and get some sun. Yes I finally did it! With Pauls permission (I wouldn't have done it otherwise) I went topless! Hey, when in France do as the French do! Feels a bit weird knowing I'm not going to get in trouble with the law this time. Paul sat and worked on his journal entries a little more. I think he was actually standing guard as his girlfriend topless for everyone to see. It started to get chilly so we head out and get ready to head to Cannes one last time.

We missed the sunset I was so upset. I wanted to make up for the sunset I had ruined earlier in the trip because I knew it ws very important to him. I looks like it will have to happen another time. We head to the beach to see Cannes for real this time without all the hustle and bustle of the festival. It's quite. Still some of the tents and stuff up but for the most part very quite. I didn't really want to go to the pub or anything. I was being greedy at this point, I just wanted to take a last look at the place he loves so much and have him hold me. We found a little spot on the beach and sat and listened to the water and watched the lights on the mountain leading up to all the little villas and houses. I was truly beautiful. I tried to take a mental picture so that the moment would always be there...

My last thing I wanted before leaving was another Nutella Crepe! All over Cannes late at night needing to get back to our train. We finally find a place and get a chocolate crepe. It's not the same as that one in Avignon. That guy made the BEST crepe. But still good none the less. The train ride home was pretty silent reality was setting in that tomorrow I leave. We started to talk about what was to happen next. I came to realize after our conversation that everything was going to be ok. He feels the same way as I do about everything. I was going to go home and bust my butt to take care of my debts and be ready for the next step, and he was going to finish out his big adventure. But in the end we both want to see this work. Back to the hotel to spend one last night in the arms of my love.

No comments:

A penny for your thoughts...

Comments are welcome and encouraged. You do not have to be a blogger member. Just know they must first pass my approval!