Time to leave Nice for the time being and head to Lyon. I'm very excited about seeing Lyon because Paul has talked a lot about this place. We get on our train and off we go. We get into the train station and then take the metro into town. We decide to get a hotel right next to the train station. After a brief fresher up we head into town. Paul takes me to his favorite sandwich shop. They make this sandwich that basically is a panini with hamburger and french fries and everything on the panini. There goes the weight I lost. Yum Yum! Paul took me all over town showing me the highlights. The open squares with cafes lining the sidewalks. The park which was having a big festival going on at the time.Wandering the little streets we find a rave party in the middle of the day on a Thursday in the street. We later found out it was a bank Holiday. He took me to the river and showed me where he used to live. Wow nice view from his old place. Lots of fountains here. Paul seems to dig fountains. I guess I do to that's one of the reasons I had taken him to Longwood gardens back home. After a wander around town we head to the St. James where Paul used to work. Once again everyone he wanted to see was out of town. He's not having much luck meeting up with old friends. That sucks I wanted to meet all these people. We have a pint of beer and decide to play some pool. I'm shocked...no numbers on the balls...weird. He then proceeds to tell me European rules. Oh yeah short pool cues too...very weird. He of coarse kicks my but the first go around. But then he scratches on the 8. Turns out that rule is the same! He lost that one.
We walked around town a little more and headed to a little pub Paul used to hang out in. The girl behind the bar (I'm sorry love I'm so bad with names) recognizes him. Long story, but she knew Paul when he lived there. They do a little catching up and we proceeded to drink. There was a football game on at which Paul lost 5 Euro to me for. There was live music coming on so we stuck around and continue to drink and have a blast! Last call came...not sure what time that was but we seem to think It may have been around 2:30. So we weren't drunk but very happy. Paul wanted to get a cab I wanted to walk.
We remember the walk home...once there we decided this was our first room with a bathtub so we are going to take a hot bath. What happened next is a mystery! Next thing I remember is a knock on the door. I wake up confused...another knock. Who is it? It's me let me in! I open the door and there in the hallway is Paul without a stitch of clothing on. I mean as naked as the day he was born! I asked what he is doing in the hallway naked? Shut up go sleep! But...How long have you been out there? Why are you naked? What happend? The last thing I remember is the bath...what happened after that? Shut up go sleep! I look at his watch...it's 4:00 am. Good Night! We will revisit this situation tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment