Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Wednesday May 31st, Back to Nice...

One last view of Carcassonne

God bless him Paul got up early again today to head to the train station and get our tickets back to Nice. Carcassonne was great! Not a place I would want to live like Lyon, but was still fun to visit. We get our things packed and I went to our little balcony to take in one last view of the city. Off to the train station we stop off at the station Cafe for a coffee. We would have to change trains in Marseille along the way. Well after like a half hour delay just sitting on the tracks...not moving at all, we pull into Marseille thinking for sure we had missed our connection. As luck would have it that train was departing late and we made it in time! As I'm always hungry, Paul ran for paninis. Love me, feed me, never leave me!

Here is where Paul learned a lesson. Remember him cursing me with a screaming baby on my flight? Tehehe :-) we were blessed with a little one that wouldn't sit still constantly annoying us, well him, I slept! His poor back having it at this point the kid just put him over the top. It's kind of chilly out and pretty overcast right now. Hope it's nice tomorrow we want to go to the beach! The rain was actually very reflective of my mood. I was starting to come down. I didn't want to go back because that meant I had to leave soon. We got into town and got a room for the last two nights. It's cold...I put on white socks and sandal's which of coarse Paul had to make fun of.

Hungry again!!! We set out for a kebob. Found one, not as good as Avignon. Back to the Irish pub for that fabulous 1664 Blanc. The Switzerland vs Italy warm up game is on. I bet on the Swiss Paul on the Italians. This game was nothing but diving donkeys! Not very friendly at all! Ended in a draw so no money gained or lost. Good night all in all. Drinking, football, kebob, what more do you need.

No comments:

A penny for your thoughts...

Comments are welcome and encouraged. You do not have to be a blogger member. Just know they must first pass my approval!