Monday, June 19, 2006

Wednesday May 24th, Off to Lyon! Maybe not....

We woke up this morning with full intentions of getting on a train bound for Lyon. We got everything packed up and headed for the train station. They were on a number system just like at the deli counter. We got a number and had a seat on the floor. It was going to be a while. Paul went out to the lobby and got us some breakfast and coffee. He soon realized he left his phone at the hotel. Leaving me with the bags he ran back and luckily it was still there. Our number finally came up and Paul went up to see what we could get. It turns out the next train wouldn't be till much later putting us in Lyon late. Instead we got tickets for the next day and decided to stay one more night in Nice.

We found a hotel and decided we would head for a beach. On the hunt for sandy beach not the pebbles of Nice we thought about going to Cannes, but with the film festival going on Cannes was just way to crazy. We headed for the tourist office and he suggested going to Antibes. Easily reachable by the train just a few stops down. Beach mats in tow we headed to Antibes for sandy beach. We found it along fortress walls sitting in a little cove area. The beach was busy but not packed. We set up shop and headed for the water. No one in the water maybe its just cold. Wrong! Jelly fish or medusas everywhere. Not just the little white ones but these guys had red running through them as well. After I saw a little girl come out screaming I said no thank you. Paul having never been stung like I have was much braver and headed out into the water. I kept watching this band of teenagers chilling on the beach trying to spin Poi. I was itching to get up and show them how it's done but figured that would cause problems.

As the beach was clearing out we packed up and headed back for Nice. Paul has been telling me so much about this Pizza place in Cannes I think tonight we should give it a whirl. I got a little dressed up to try and fit in with all the red carpet wanna b's off to Cannes we head. We get to the little pizza place and it's packed! Apparently the place to be! It will be a little bit of a wait we are in no rush so we wait. There is one man making the pizza's in a big brick oven. It's the same guy that was making the pizzas when Paul lived here. He is so into it its crazy! We get a table and they seat a guy at our table with us who was complaining about everything from the start. Just then I got a call from mom so I head outside to talk to her. I'm standing at the window watching the pizza guy. Hunched over a little pizza he looks up just with his eyes at me and smiled, then very intensely he picked up the pizza and flipped it and kept smiling at me. It was too funny. I saw our dinner arrive so I headed back in to Paul who I sadly left at the table by himself with the muppet. Apparently the muppet thought I was from South America and he was a big producer muppet. Yeah anyway! We got a good laugh out of him had a fabulous dinner and desert and headed out to one of Pauls old hangouts.

The place was hoping! Paul recognized some faces behind the bar and caught up for a minute with them. We got a few pints and head over to a massive bar table to enjoy the band some. Time for another drink Paul leaves and goes to the bar for round two. No sooner did he leave some drunk came over and was hitting on me. Some friend had bet him he I wouldn't talk to him. Trying to speak French to me at first then bad English I tried to tell him I'm there with my boyfriend. Paul comes back and he leaves. Paul said I can't leave you alone for two seconds can I. I keep trying to tell him I'm quite the catch he just hasn't realized it yet! All in all a fun night. We head back to nice one last time tomorrow we are going to Lyon. I can't wait Paul has told me so much about it and I'm finally going to get to see it!

No comments:

A penny for your thoughts...

Comments are welcome and encouraged. You do not have to be a blogger member. Just know they must first pass my approval!