Our famous bread with French mayo ham and Brie cheese sandwich. YUM!It is time to say goodbye to Africa I mean Avignon. Today we leave for Carcassonne. This is going to be Paul's first time there so this time we are truly both tourists! I found out about Carcassonne from a friend who said I had to see it. After showing Paul pictures he was just as intrigued. We got into Carcassonne not knowing the town we tried to find a hotel. No luck at the first one totally booked. The girl at the counter was not of much help either. We decide to head towards the actual wall city to try and find something close to the city. We found it...right next to the city a three star hotel (moving up in the world). 85 euro a night for a regular room, 100 euro per night for a panoramic view. Pauls back killing him at this point I said screw lets do it. We pay the 85 euro per night and head to our room. Nice room TV, oh and look another bathtub :-)
We decide its time for another picnic. Off to Monoprix we go for all the componants for our famous sandwich. Picnic in tow we head up to Carcassonne for our first look at the mediaeval fortified town. We found a little bench next to a carousel right beside the city and sat down to a fabulous picnic. During our picnic we made friends with a husky. I have been teased by the beautiful walls enough lets go in! Here is where I made a big mistake. I was so excited to get inside and walk around that when Paul asked to stop off at the tourist office real quick I said lets just walk around for a minute and we'll come back. Of coarse I had no intention of upsetting him I was just excited I wanted to see the city. Well Paul is really big into the history aspect of things and he wanted to pick up some literature of the city so he would know what he was looking at. Understandable, I wish he would have told me that in the first place but truth is I should have just had the patience in the first place.
We took a walk around the inside of the city, I was starting to notice Paul was being distant and not as excited as I. That's when he told me he was upset that I wouldn't just wait one minute for him to go to the tourist office so he could get some history stuff. After a little while arguing we both apologized got over it and explored the outer walls. Wow! It was so beautiful as you can see by the pictures. Extremely windy though. We both were walking around trying to get into towers and stuff we shouldn't be in. It was great Paul was in heaven. We pick up a bottle of cheap wine made in Carcassonne and head back to the hotel.
We have a nice bath...before opening the wine :-) then open the wine and eat the rest of the cheese from our fabulous lunch. We decide to just stay in and relax for the night. "Stir of Echoes" was starting on TV. Totally in French we watched the whole thing. Paul having never seen it was trying to figure out what was going on. After the movie wow look at that, that STUFF is on TV again :-) Now 1:00 in the morning I notice a large black spot above the door...it's moving... Honey what's that? It looks like...yup it is, its a scorpion! Oh heck no! Stacy freaked! He was going to try and trap it or kill it and I said no you are going to call the front desk and make them get it! Off to the desk he goes and brings back this little guy with a broom claiming to be the scorpion killer. He starts batting at it and it crawls into the heating vent. U oh, do you want another room? YES!!! At this point I am in the middle of the bed making sure I had a sea of white sheets around me so I could see anything big and black crawling towards me. Paul of coarse is laughing hysterically at me. I got the last laugh I made him pack all his stuff and go to another room. But hey it was worth it, we got a upgrade to a panoramic room. Oooooo ahhhhh! Astonishingly I feel right asleep, Paul needed to read to calm down from all the excitement ;-) Tomorrow we head into the city for a real look at everything and do the touristy stuff.
We took a walk around the inside of the city, I was starting to notice Paul was being distant and not as excited as I. That's when he told me he was upset that I wouldn't just wait one minute for him to go to the tourist office so he could get some history stuff. After a little while arguing we both apologized got over it and explored the outer walls. Wow! It was so beautiful as you can see by the pictures. Extremely windy though. We both were walking around trying to get into towers and stuff we shouldn't be in. It was great Paul was in heaven. We pick up a bottle of cheap wine made in Carcassonne and head back to the hotel.
We have a nice bath...before opening the wine :-) then open the wine and eat the rest of the cheese from our fabulous lunch. We decide to just stay in and relax for the night. "Stir of Echoes" was starting on TV. Totally in French we watched the whole thing. Paul having never seen it was trying to figure out what was going on. After the movie wow look at that, that STUFF is on TV again :-) Now 1:00 in the morning I notice a large black spot above the door...it's moving... Honey what's that? It looks like...yup it is, its a scorpion! Oh heck no! Stacy freaked! He was going to try and trap it or kill it and I said no you are going to call the front desk and make them get it! Off to the desk he goes and brings back this little guy with a broom claiming to be the scorpion killer. He starts batting at it and it crawls into the heating vent. U oh, do you want another room? YES!!! At this point I am in the middle of the bed making sure I had a sea of white sheets around me so I could see anything big and black crawling towards me. Paul of coarse is laughing hysterically at me. I got the last laugh I made him pack all his stuff and go to another room. But hey it was worth it, we got a upgrade to a panoramic room. Oooooo ahhhhh! Astonishingly I feel right asleep, Paul needed to read to calm down from all the excitement ;-) Tomorrow we head into the city for a real look at everything and do the touristy stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment